In collaboration with the Hilltop Business Association the 2017 Latin Arts Festival will take place during the Hilltop Street Fair on Saturday August 26, 2017 from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Vendors are invited to showcase their arts and crafts throughout the Hilltop Street Fair setting. Vendors who wish to share a booth in the Latin Arts Barrio will be assigned to booth space within the Barrio setup located at People’s Park (900 South Martin Luther King Way), City of Tacoma.
Barrio vendors will feature traditional as well as contemporary Latino art, food, folk arts and crafts representative of Caribbean, North, Central and South American regions. Children will hear traditional fables and will be invited to take part as storytellers, musicians and dancers.
Application deadline is August 14, 2017
Please Mail (or Drop off) Application and Vendor Fee:
Latin Arts Festival C/O Centro Latino
1208 South 10th Street
Tacoma, WA 98405
Size: 10′ X 10′ (provide your own table, chair, backdrop, sides, roof, etc.)
No electricity provided. You are responsible for set up and clean-up.
|VENDOR FEES||Before August 14, 2017||After August 14th|
|Business Vendor Fee||$75||$80|
|Non-profit Vendor Fee||$50||$55|
|Food Vendor Fee||$150||$175|
|Professional Artists||$25 $75|
|All other Artists||$15 $50|
(Artist who registered for Juried Art Show & Film Contest)
Make check Payable to: Centro Latino Festival
VENDOR FEE DETAILS
– $5.00 City of Tacoma vendor fee is included in all fee pricing
– Payments of check or money order are to be written to Centro Latino
– Please include with application.
BASIC VENDOR INFORMATION
– All vendors will be screened by committee for vendor selection prior to approval.
Approved vendors will receive a letter or email with load-in information and booth
– Once approved, the vendor fee is non-refundable regardless of reason (e.g. rain
or shine) of requested cancelation by vendor.
BASIC VENDOR INFORMATION
– Festival set-up is at 7:00 am-9:00 am; all vehicles are required to be off the
street by 9:00am Festival begins at 10:00 am.
– Tear down begins at 5:00 pm. Please do not begin tear-down until 5:00 pm. Early
tear-down causes a safety risk for festival participants and is not sanctioned by
– Festival streets reopen to traffic at 7:00 pm. Vendors who impede street
reopening may be fined by City of Tacoma Police and Fire inspectors.
– Alcoholic beverages, loud music, and smoking are not allowed in vendor booths.
– We ask vendors to complete exit survey. This information is used to evaluate the
success of the festival.
– Access to electricity is not possible.
– Vendors must abide by ADA requirements and make sure cord/cable covers are
secure for foot traffic areas.
– Vendor tents/canopies must post name and address of owner, size of tent/canopy
and date the fabric was treated with flame resistant solution, trade name or type
of chemical solution used in treatment, name of firm/individual who treated the
material, name of test agency and test standard of fabric treatment.
– We ask that all vendors promote their participation in the Festival via social media
prior to and during the festival.
– Handcrafted/original or unique cultural products and services are encouraged.
JURIED ART SHOW AND VIDEO EXHIBITORS
–Application forms and information on formatting personal biographies and interpretation of image and video artworks can be secured by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org and calling (253) 474-6053. Entry fees are $25.00 for professiona
full-time artists and $15.00 for all other entries.
– Educational handouts for accessing community services and business
development opportunities are encouraged.
– Gift and product samples and back to school give-away gifts are encouraged.
– Proper Health Department Temporary Food establishment (TFE) permits must be
obtained from the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department. To obtain a TFE
permit call: (253) 798-4709.
– All food workers must obtain a food handlers card and this card must be posted
inthe booth. To obtain a food handlers card call: (253) 798-6475.
-To reserve a food vendor area (10′ x 20′) a copy of the TFE Permit must be
submitted to the Vendor Coordinator by August 14, 2017. All Pierce County Health
Department requirements and fees are to be met and paid by the participating Food Vendor.
– Food vendor applicants must provide a menu and price list of items you plan to
sell from your food booth. Food items and beverages will be restricted if they are
duplicative or exclusive due to event sponsor participation and/or food safety and
sanitation concerns are paramount.
– Centro Latino or the Hilltop Business Association and Hilltop Street Fair, assumes
no liability against physical harm, loss, theft, or damage for Vendor equipment
and other belongings for the duration of the festival.
– Proof of Liability Insurance naming Centro Latino, as additional insured is required
from all Food Vendors. A copy of this insurance amendment must be
submitted to the Vendor Coordinator by August 14, 2017
– Other vendors will be required to provide proof of insurance or sign a waiver
acknowledging acceptance of liability should physical harm, loss or damage occur.